Friday 6 October 2017

Malfeasance



We are one day past forever
so let me tell you a
story
full of hope and
recrimination

and yet somehow                   
somehow

            hello hello                    fire in the hole

I wonder
but I cannot get past the bluster
the suggestion dripping down my throat

We tried but
            this is not what I
kiss me good night
            as forgiveness winds around my
could we just
            a lie must never be hunted
when the game is already dead to me

I could tell you a story
full of tomorrows and redemption
but who would we be
kidding
acceptance is the poison

In this lexicon of sorrow
I am too tired to speak for myself
if you saw miracles spring from darkness
I saw only memory
swathed in charcoal dusty
dream


No comments:

Post a Comment