Sunday 11 June 2017

The Day After Tomorrow


Spread your arms           wide

dive

the snow envelops my knees
it makes me want to believe         in you

your candle is dim          a flickering light

in sight on top of the hill
I am pushing

a thousand clouds to insulate the sky

only the beat of the ice crunching             underneath my feet

purple the color of your hidden majesty
in this river flood of oncoming night
                               
play your sad drums for me
underneath the tree

up there on our crayon hill

keep it steady           keep it still

but in a minute I am undone
I cannot cannot leave you now

in the world all gray I wanted to feel
zephyrs and sunrise against my face

it looked so warm
                it looked so warm

from the other side

so I strapped on my wings
took to your sky

                blinded by a million sparkling dreams
                snowflakes falling into infinity

the howling drums of wind and war echoing
around me…

 and then the
candle

                went out
                               



               


No comments:

Post a Comment